Everything is set up – you found a great host family, got your visa and your flight details?! Well, then you need to get ready and start packing your suitcase for living abroad!
In the first moment you might have the impression that this is an impossible obstacle. Packing for one year… how should this even work?
No worries, we will help you to figure out which are the most important things you need to pack and which things you can leave at home.
You shouldn’t forget:
5 things you can leave at home
- Passport + Visa
- Flight tickets
- Contact details and important phone numbers + phone number of your embassy
- Some cash ($200) + credit/debit card
- Insurance card
- International driver’s license
- Clothes – comfortable clothes!
- Toiletries + medical kit
- Other personal belongings such as electronical devices, glasses, …
- Bed sheets, blankets or pillows
- A ton of thick (and heavy) novels, movies or CDs
- Too many dressy clothes and high heel shoes
- A hair dryer, curling iron or straightener (your host family usually lets you use theirs)